The Secret Circle Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle Roleplay

Witches and...witches and...witches, Oh my!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Play Time (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Cortez

Power Points : 138
Power Popularity : 1

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Matthew watched them from a bench that he was sat on. Watched the people go about there normal lives, scurry around like little mice intent on cheese or some other twisted delight. He took a long slow sip of the liquid in the cardboard cup in hands. Coffee. Strong. Dark. Just how he liked it. And yet still he watched. Watched for any signs of them.

The witches.

Having been killing witches for a while now, Matthew could spot one from a distance. Intelligence helped, he could trace a blood line, follow the family tree and obliterate an entire lineage single handed. And he had done. It wasn't hard. Hell, Matthew enjoyed it. It was a game to him. Having killed his first witch at the tender age of nineteen, Matthew had a lot of experience, hunting them down and killing them... One by bloody one...

So what if he was insane?

After a brief incident in Arizona, where he had been caught after burning down a village (single headedly), he had been psychoanalyzed, and suspected him of being a nutter. But the case was dropped against him, and aside from a few minor offences, there was nothing to tie him to the mass murder... not to mention the murders all over the world. But he heard the word, what they suspected, what they expected.

Psychopath

But that just helped, it made him cold to witches, able to ignore there please and begging. A cold smile flickered onto his face and vanished in the same heartbeat. And this town was a gold mine of magical blood. Witches wherever he looked. Sure he had his own... personal dance and battle with Daniel and Emma, but those two were not available for him to play with.

Did the humans have any inclination to the supernatural war that was happening every day?

Not that Matthew really cared who he killed. Being a hunter just gave him an excuse, and when in a group, they egged each other on and covered up after one and other. He didn't really care about the True Believers, and he honestly thought Isaac was a bit of an idiot. But hey, it suited him for now. And this town would keep him entertained for weeks. He took a final mouthful of the searing liquid, and pulled his jacket tighter around him, chucking the cup in the trash. Standing up, he began to walk through the streets, looking around for someone interesting.

To Torment.

To play with.

Matthew was on the prowl.

"Play time," he breathed. p

OOC: Bloody hell, that was a long post for me, and somewhat creepy.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Power Points : 97

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm

It was a nice day out, compared to how it had been lately. Anya was walking down the street, the first time she was really out and exploring this new town she was living in. Other than looking for apartments that were available, which was very unsuccessful. Most every apartment around here was taken by families who had been living there for a while. 'Oh well', she thought. She'd find somewhere to stay other than the dusty, old little hotel she was staying at.

Since it was pretty warm out, Anya decided she wanted to dress up a bit. She wore a purple v-neck shirt and a small gray cardigan on top of it. Along with that, she had on a short black skirt and gray heeled boots that matched the cardigan she had on. Her hair was down, which she usually preferred. She was the type of girl who liked to dress nice when she could, but she didn't have a chance too all the time. Plus, Anya was rather short for her age and heels made her seem a lot taller and when she felt taller she felt less nervous around people.

Anya was still in the process of trying to find out why her parents had come to this town before. They hadn't really been the traveling type, so it had to have something to do with magic. So far though, this town seemed pretty normal. Nothing outrageously weird had happened, and nothing bad either. Actually, it was quite boring here. Wasn't much to do. She did find it quite interesting that there were generations of families who had lived here. You don't find that often, which is another reason why she though maybe her parents had been here for magic reasons. She couldn't even get a hold of them to even try to ask though. They really disproved of her using magic, but she wasn't going to just ignore it like them. She had it,and she was going to use it.

After only having been in town for a short while now, Anya was finally starting to meet other people. And make friends. Even better, another witch. Having found someone who used magic like she had was great. Anya looked around as she kept walking, stopping at a local coffee shop and going in. The smell of coffee carried through the room and she took a deep breath, ordering a caramel coffee with cream and sugar. Once it was done, she took it and left, continuing her walk down the street.

Anya blew through the hole at the lid of the coffee, attempting to cool it off. She sipped it, pleased with the taste. Nice and sweet but still had a strong coffee after taste. It was just right. She was so focused on the coffee that she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking, ending up banging her shoulder into someone else's, dropping her coffee and almost falling over. Wow, she really had to be more careful, seeing how this is the second time she had run into someone in the past few days. "I am so sorry!" She said to the man who had now stopped. He looked older than her, and was wearing a jacket. Anya watched him, waiting for any sort of reply to her apology.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 am

OOC: Posting via phone, so apologies for shortness and lack of colour Smile Bored at work!

The first thought that crossed Matthews mind was out right rage. How dare she crash into him, the stuped cow. His first thought was to snap, say something rude but he stopped. Now this wwas a pretty little thing, and not one that he had seen before. A witch? Prehaps. He was not sure... he knew most of the local witches in town. Even so, he had been bored and wanting something to do. So thats when he pulled out his secret weapon.

He smiled, a gentle kind smile. It hid the creature underneath.

"No, it is I who should apologise. I had my head in the clouds - let me buy you another coffee," he said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 am

ooc; That's okay! haha Smile

Anya listened to him, looking to him while he spoke. Or rather, looking up to him. He was tall compared to her, and even with 3 inch heels added to her normal 5'2" it didn't help much. He seemed rather nice, and was quite attractive which also helped. So far, everyone she had met or come into contact with in this town was nice. Which definitely made her feel more comfortable being new here. She still got a weird vibe from the town though, so she still was a bit curious. Anya shook her head to him, giving him a big smile. "No, no. It's okay!" She said lively, feeling bad about having run into him in the first place. But she could tell that he wanted to make up for it, and he seemed like the type that would insist. Anya let out a small sigh"Well, alright. Thank you so much." Another smile came from Anya's soft, pink lips. Her shyness was starting to take over, but she tried her best to push through it.

Anya turned and started to walk back towards the coffee shop she had originally bought her coffee from. She was a bit excited to be going back, the smell of the place was amazing and getting a new coffee would be good. She looked over her shoulder to see if the man, who she had forgotten to get his name from, was following her.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: l   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 pm

OOC: Still at work :p How old is Anya?

Matthew smiled warmly as he hled the door open for Anya, his arm high enough that she could step underneath without much trouble. His stance was relaxed, almost charming. Matthew watched the young woman with curiosity, his mind systematically analizing her. She seemed... shy. Even better. "Your new to Chance Harbour?" he asked her gently, keeping relaxed. He wanted her to open up, trust. It made it all the better. "I don't recognise you, and I usually remember such a strikingly attractive woman," he said as he approached the counter.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 pm

ooc; She's 20 lmao, Matthew is 33 right?

Anya followed him into the coffee shop, the strong smell of coffee hitting them as they walked in. "Yes, I'm new here. Just got here like a week or so ago." He was definitely a gentleman, which made him seem even nicer to her. He must of been someone who has lived here for a while."My names Anya." She told him, getting to the counter. She ordered her coffee, same as before, and then stepped to the side so she wouldn't be in the way of other customers. Her bright eyes looked back to him,"So what's your name?" She asked him curiously, giving him a bright smile. Her personality tended to be a bit flirty when she felt comfortable with people, and it was coming out pretty strongly. Even though he seemed to be older than her, she didn't quite mind it.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm

OOC: Yep! and a complete and utter bastard!

He smiled. Anya. Pretty name, he thoughed as he eyed her up and down, appreciatively.Yes, he would enjoy playing her. "A lovely name," he comented as he payed for her coffie. "My name is Matthew Cortez, I am teaching at the high school as there English teacher turned up dead," he said seriously. He didn't mention the fact he had been the one who had killed the teacher. "So what brings you to our quaint little town? Its not like you could resist the nightlife, action or party atmosphere?" he asked as the barister handed him the cup, to which he gave to Anya.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

ooc; I like him, he's a very unique character, makes it interesting Smile

A small chuckle escaped her mouth, he was quite funny. The mention of the teacher being dead made her look a little more serious, and spiked her curiosity. Well, that didn't seem quite normal, but then again she hadn't been in town very long. Maybe this town wasn't as quiet and normal as she thought. As he mentioned he was a teacher at the high school, she nodded and smiled. "I'm going to be starting up there, soon. I'd be out of school already but I went into school late..for reasons." She didn't want to say to much, so she kept quiet. She took the coffee gently and took a small sip after having mixed it up a bit by moving it around. "Well, just kind of needed a new start. And here seemed to be a good place." Again, she didn't want to say too much. She had reasons for having come here, but since those reasons were because of witchcraft, she wasn't going to say anything and risk exposing herself to a complete stranger, although she had done that once already.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 pm

OOC: Let me know if I get too carried away

When she mentioned that she would be attending school, he arched an eye brow. "Well," he said with a smile. "You would have to call me Mr.Cortez there, but for now, you can call me Matthew," he said with a smile. For reasons, she said. He couldn't help but wonder what they were. "Anya... what did you say your surname was? I think I got a mention of a new student in my English class," he said thoughtfully. It was a ploy. Matthew needed to know her surname... If it was one that he recognised. A flicker of a dark smile appeared momentarily on his lips before fading again. "And a new start, thats something that we could all do with, I think," he said and opened the door for her. "Would you care to take a walk?" he asked. If only he could get her somewhere less open.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:38 am

Anya followed behind Matthew with a smile."Well Matthew, it is very nice to meet you. And I look forward to having any class with you" She felt so young, still being in high school. But he didn't seem to mind it much, so it was fine with her. "Oh, it's Valentine" She replied to him, standing close. "Even though i'm not from around here, my parents had traveled here at some point. For personal reasons, before I was born though." Anya shrugged her shoulders. She could only say so much as to not give anything away, but she could be a talkative person sometimes, especially after drinking coffee. She took another sip of it, and her bright eyes met Matthews eyes."Sure, a walk sounds lovely." Her eyes glowed with excitement, and her body stayed close to his while they walked. She followed him, mainly because she had no clue where she was going in this town.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Matthew smiled at the girl, a charming smile. It hid the snake that lurked beneath, the creature that was ready to kill. For fun. But he hid it behind the charming smile. "I should warn you," he said with a small smile. "I set alot of homework, hate tardiness and am not afraid to give you detention of you are late," the smile was lazy, and almost flirty. Almost. Thats when she told him her name.

Valantine.

Oh, that was a name that he had not heard in a VERY long time. Yes, he knew it. It was an old bloody line, but like most blood lines, witchcraft got stronger in time. Inside he was laughing. A manic, cold laugh. Running his fingers through his hair, he smiled at the girl. "I should warn you, there's not much to see. How well do you know the town?" he asked, making it sound casual.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 am

Anya smiled to him,"Well, I do my homework and hate being late for class, so I think you'll be please." Anya sipped her coffee. "I don't know it too much, I've been looking up things but still don't know a lot. Anything that might be interesting to show me? She asked. She was excited to learn more about the town she was in, to hopefully find out why her parents had been there.

"I don't know, I might have family here but i'm not quite sure." She shrugged, looking to her new teacher with a smile. She was glad he was a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Matthew was mentally plotting. How to get the girl somewhere quiet where he could have fun without her attracting too much attention. He gave her a flattering smile, as he sipped the coffee. "Well, we are a small town situated between a dock and a forest - take your pick on a direction and I will try and make it sound interesting. No promises though" he chuckled gently.

"You may have family here?" he asked, curious. More Valentine blood? Internally he was almost cackling with glee.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am

"The forest sounds nice, show me around over there." Anya smiled widely. She liked nature, and since it was so nice out she though why not. "And yes, well all I know is my parents traveled here before I was born, and they stayed for a while. They wouldn't tell me why though." Anya looked at him, he seemed very interested to know about her. It was a bit suspicious but she pushed that aside and just relaxed, he seemed harmless.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Cortez

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Matthew nodded and smiled at the younger woman. She was playing into his hands, like a puppet on a string. He walked up towards the forest, talking aimlessly and showing her all the sights... not that Chance Harbour was full of sights to behold. He was aware of everyone around him... if they would just back off, then he could make a move. His fingers slid under his jacket, brushing the knife that was concealed.

OOC: Hmm, where shall we take this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Play Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Time (Open)   Play Time (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Time (Open)
Page 1 of 1